Saturday, January 26, 2013

Saturday oh Saturday. How I wish there were more of you....

...working on the blog tonight, as you can see.  I found some new 3rd party templates and taught myself how to import them into blogger.  I am excited about the possibilities of really getting this thing to have tons more of options but not be such a time consuming task on simple upkeep.

Last night I made some home made black bean soup.  We are talking about using the dry beans not in a can and have to be soaked in water for a long time.  That coupled with some low sodium vegetable broth and some sliced ham, the whole meal cost me less than $4 and made a ton of servings in my crock pot.  As for the seasonings and spices, etc I already had those so I didn't have to purchase anything additional.  Oh yea I also added some finely chopped onion, celery and carrots.  I got the inspiration for this off of :
www.yummly.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment